Where do you belong?



We are all searching for a place of belonging – I ask you to visualise for a moment what place feels like home to you? What are you doing? Who are you with? What are you feeling?

I feel like we often imagine ourselves being someone completely different in that happy moment. We might feel that who we are isn’t enough. I need to change, be healthier, be different – a different kind of me to reach this place. In doing that we create internal conflict with who we are, a disconnect within ourselves. But who we are is enough.

A friend said to me today ‘You need to remove your 'can’t do it shackles’ and that inspired me to write this. To tell you wonderful people, to remove your can’t do it shackles. What’s holding you back? Preventing you from breaking free? (high school musical song is suddenly in my head).
I’m here to tell you, your kindness isn’t too much, your sassiness isn’t too much, your fire isn’t too much. Nor is it’s not - when I’m smarter, when I have more experience, when 10lbs lighter. It’s now. The fire is within you all. What would breaking free look like to you? Could you do it?

What if we faced the things we tell ourselves we can’t do – what if the only difference from you and your role model or someone we deem to be successful in whatever area of life we yearn for. What if- we did it anyway. What if we believed we could do it? because the only difference is that you believe you can’t and they believe they can.

I’m here to spread fire, I’m here to spread that mentality, that spirit. I hope it wakes up within you because you can do it. Forget those who doubted you, you told you can't do it. They're not deserving of your precious time and energy. You are. Even if your hurting, you can do anything you believe you can do.

I’ve been listening to this preacher Sarah Jake Roberts though I’m not religious and she says ‘When I wake up I want to make hell nervous’ – I think that’s a powerful affirmation.

Make hell nervous. From your presence, from your talent, from your kindness, just as you are – make hell nervous. Life hands us obstacles because it knows how badly we want it, even if everything seems against you. Like it feels like we’re trying to wade through a current, what if we kept trying – maybe the universe is working for us. Everything is manure, that suffering is a seed, for growth, for compassion, for change, for more love and for liberation. Make hell nervous.

Comments

Popular Posts