Pain & Strength




In a galaxy far far away...  an alien was born with a pain that always lingered. The alien's spinal nerves became damaged and the alien set out to make sense of the suffering on this planet. So this alien is here writing this for you to read. 

Our mental health is equally important as our physical health. We live on a chaotic spinning rock that has a fair share of its unpleasantness. But fear not we're also in a world full of creativity, wild ideas & kind souls. I read something inspiring during a dark day it said: 'Don't give up when the best day of your life is yet to come.'  I took comfort in that and so I wanted to share that with you.

Living with chronic pain is never easy, but I am not writing this for people to pity me. I am writing this in an attempt that fellow aliens take comfort that they are not alone. I have big dreams of making alienation a thing of the past and so embrace its name. I also have dreams of becoming a writer and a therapist. 

Thrust at full throttle into adulthood and struggling with the inevitable question: 'How do I adult?' 'Where is the manual for this thing?' 'what does the level-up system look like?' 

In all seriousness -  I have renewed my focus back into writing - I think sometimes people with a chronic illness become depressed as we may begin to lack direction in life. There is a loss that comes with chronic illness and loneliness; once again we are without a manual on how to fight and navigate this thing. 

Please do not mistake these musings as purely melancholic thoughts
- life can beat us down and somewhere along the line we can lose our spark. I hope you join me on the journey of getting that spark back. 

What matters is not how many battles we've fought - but how many times we get back up. We're all on this never-ending questline, subscribed to this 'free trial' of adulthood we sure as hell didn't sign up for.

 Of course, it's scary but I hope that you stick around for the ride! 

Comments

Popular Posts